Friday, August 9, 2013

Going Home!

     Just a quick update to let you all know that all of our little Hazelnut's blood cultures came back negative and her counts, although still super low, are trending up; so we get to go home!!!  I am so happy that we will have this time together as a family before we go in for surgery next Thursday!  We meet with the surgeon at 2:15pm on Monday, August 12 to discuss all of the details, so we will keep you posted. 
     Also, for her surgery and upcoming stem cell transplant, Hazel will be in need of A+ blood and platelets from any blood type.  We have been so blessed by all of you who have donated already and Hazel has used so much of your blood.  Thank you so much for giving this part of you to our daughter. She relies so heavily on these blood transfusions and we hope that you know how much you are saving her!  If any one can, please consider coming down to the hospital sometime in the next two months and give Hazel, or any other child here in need, the gift of life!

8 comments:

  1. I am A+ and would love to head up to LA sometime in the near future to donate blood for Hazel. I'd be coming from San Diego, so just wanted to see if there is a particular time period coming up that blood is needed most, maybe after her surgery? I guess I'm not sure how long they can store the blood before using it for Hazel...I want to make sure I am donating at a good time when she needs it most! Or is anytime in the next 2 months good?

    Thanks...she is in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 John 1:2 (NLT)Dear friend, I hope all is well with you and that you are as healthy in body as you are strong in spirit.

    glad to see she is going home! Enjoy your time together and know we are all still praying for your family. God is an awsome and mighty God and i so glad to see His blessings being bestowed upon Hazelnut and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you and your family. People should be able to donate any type of blood in Hazel's name because that blood will go to someone else But it will cover the type your Hazel needs, kind of like a trade of one type for Hazel's. so please encourage everyone to donate in Hazels name. I'm am sorry I can't donate blood due to my being on to many medication's. But know this will help you. Best wises for a easy, successful surgery. Praying Hazel will get well fast. God Bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to hear the news! While I cannot donate, my husband is O negative, the type they use for preemies, so he donates all the time. May Hazel and you feel God's loving arms wrapped around you in a very real way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am type A+ and will be going to the Children's Hospital on Tuesday to donate blood for Hazel. Will keep Hazel and your family in my prayers...especially on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...Praise the Lord! So happy and grateful to God that the blood work went well, and the numbers are slowly climbing. We will keep her in prayers, as we have been all along...as well as the rest of the children going through this Herculean fight.

    God Bless you Hazel...and God bless the little children.

    Blessings to all~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a dear friend whose daughter got neuroblastoma at age 5, she went through a very difficult road, but through it, both her and her little one came to Jesus. Her daughter is now 11 and bouncing and beautiful and perfectly healthy! Praying for you and your sweet daughter. Will be praying on the 15th for her surgery. Much love to you from Canada. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lauren,
    Great news! I haven't stopped thinking about Hazel and your entire family since our interview last week. I hope the hospital shared with you the video link. If not, here it is:
    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/08/07/2-year-old-girl-fights-deadly-form-of-childhood-cancer/
    Go get 'em Hazel!
    Kristine Lazar (CBS2/KCAL9)

    ReplyDelete